Collaboration/Cooperation between distribution i18n/l10n teams

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 23 07:42:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

first let me introduce myself:

My name is Oliver Burger and I am the substitute leader of the Mageia i18n
team.

While setting up / creating the infrastructure for Mageia we decided to use
transifex for our i18n work.
Lot's of things were discussed and done on i18n side as well as on sysadmin
side.

While looking into transifex we found at least two annoying issues with it. We
have created a page in our temporary wiki (which will be replaced by a shiny
new mediawiki installation soon but trying to preserve the contents) about
transifex. It's mainly a howto for the translators but at the end of it we are
listing all things, we have problems with.
http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=transifex_howto

If you agree with me (as some of you have done on the #fedora-l10n irc
channel, please feel free to add things to it, comment on it either here on
this ml or directly in the wiki page.

Thank you, hoping for a good collaboration/cooperation between different
distros,

Oliver

--
http://www.mageia.org/ - Mageia, the magic continues