development plans for next 2 weeks

Pravin Satpute psatpute at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 08:28:20 UTC 2011

Hi All,

   Last month mostly involved in deciding in which direction we suppose
to move this project.
   Updated steps we follow to complete this f15 feature
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/IndicTypingBooster#Current_status

   1) ibus or scim

     Will presently only focus on development for ibus platform. Since
mostly every distribution now has ibus as a default input method framework.
     Naveen forked ibus-table as ibus-indic-table, most of the indic
specific customization regarding processing database will go in it.

   2) I was planning to do alpha release of indic-typing-booster for
marathi, hindi and gujarati. So have options either to release all these
in single package i.e. indic-typing-booster or individual packages
marathi-typing-booster, hindi-typing-booster and gujarati-typing-booster.

      I think the second options will be fine, since it will be easy for
maintenance and also no need to unnecessarily release all languages even
if there are no changes in all.

     After this done we can ask community for testing of alpha release.

     I think in this phase we will get more bugs from ibus-indic-table
(indic specific customization) and from typing-booster as well.

Regards,
Pravin S