plan to disable some ibus-m17n engines

Daiki Ueno ueno at unixuser.org
Sun Apr 1 01:35:14 UTC 2012

Paul <lists.fedoraproject.org at phylae.oib.com> writes:

> I realize I am too late and this has already been removed, but I think
> there is some misunderstanding about the purpose of m17n:zh:pinyin.
> m17n:zh:pinyin is intended for entering pinyin (for example nǐ hǎo).
> It is not intended for entering characters. Now that m17n:zh:pinyin
> has been removed, I don't think there is an ibus engine for entering
> pinyin in the Fedora repos.
>
> I suggest that m17n:zh:pinyin be unblacklisted.

Sorry for late response.  You are right and I got another request for
that engine.  The main reason I disabled m17n:zh:pinyin was that its
label "Chinese - pinyin (m17n)" is confusing with ibus-pinyin.  So I
re-enabled it and changed the label to "Chinese - hanyu pinyin (m17n)"
(in ibus-m17n-1.3.3-11.fc17).

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno