Fonts with default Fedora installation

pravin.d.s at gmail.com pravin.d.s at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 11:45:50 UTC 2013

Hi,

  Recently i done packaging of google-noto-fonts [1] for Fedora. With this
font we got number of new script fonts of Unicode which were not available
earlier. [2]

  Just done editing of comps file and my question is out of these script
fonts how many we suppose to install by default.

  Presently we are following like at least one fonts for each script should
be available with default installation, so if anyone while browsing web etc
can get correct rendering for his script.

  But here issue is supporting whole Unicode with default installation will
be too much.

  Might be we should only install fonts for BMP of Unicode and lets have
other fonts installed by users when required (we do have feature in Fedora
where if any fonts are not installed by default fontconfig search for
particular script fonts.)

  I have done comps editing by keeping above thing in mind. If anyone have
other suggestion please let me know.

Best Regards,
Pravin Satpute

1. https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/google-noto-fonts