[fedora-india] Hi all

Dharmit Shah shahdharmit at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 02:42:18 UTC 2010

I face the same. In process of studying engineering, I learnt very outdated
stuffs in the college. Learnt Java, OS, Networks in the final year. I had
great love for C/C++ but not confident if my skills are good enough to
contribute to Fedora community. But still I would like to learn and
contribute to the community.

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 3:47 AM, Aniket Suryavanshi <kietans at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 3:19 AM, susmit shannigrahi <
> thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > What contributions can be done by graduate students to the Fedora
>> community.
>> > Students who have some knowledge of:
>>
>> This is a mistake.
>>
>> Here you don't contribute only with your existing knowledge. The
>> process is somehow different. You get involved here, start linking
>> things, find out some interesting work, pick up additional skills if
>> necessary and get the work done.
>>
>> So, the most necessary skill here is the ability / mindset to learn
>> (and get the work done).
>>
>> > Any other typical contributions expected from graduate students or
>> beginners
>> > towards the Fedora community?
>>
>> Anything other than marketing/evangelism is welcome.
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Susmit.
>>

> Thanks :) You've just now unleashed the moment of truth that I've been
> dreading over the years. Technology changes, almost everyday! May be we were
> studying something that was suggested for the syllabus a decade back and not
> updated since then.
>
> I guess we guys have to learn technologies from the LAMP stack to get
> started contributing for the Fedora community.
>
> I'm still confused how do I find projects and get involved.
>
> --
> *Aniket Suryavanshi*
> B.Sc. (Computer Science) student, India.
> aniket.wordpress.com <http://bit.ly/aniket>
> twitter.com/kietan <http://bit.ly/kietan>
> www.facebook.com/aniket1 <http://bit.ly/aniket1>

Regards