[fedora-india] Event Report - InstallFest at COEP

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 06:23:25 UTC 2010

 On 08/03/2010 11:38 AM, Suchakra wrote:
> Hi,
> Sankarshan had also given a detailed comment [1], suggesting me to
> work on those lines (which are absolutely in the right direction as I
> see) and wishing to know 'how you intend to keep this momentum'. Well,
> the mood is still in 'installation' mode, and students are coming with
> queries related to installation and downloading packages. My
> room-mates themselves bug me with questions related to Linux (I'm damn
> happy 'bout it though..) which I try to solve. Two new guys have
> come-up wanting to install Ubuntu and Fedora on their systems. So
> generally, post-event, I feel before jumping on to weekend sessions
> (which is the ultimate aim) we need to gauge the response first.
> People are gonna turn up for mini DebConf [2] too this Saturday. Lets
> see what's the scene there..Anyways, Abhijit sir will be putting up
> some coding contests on CoFSUG for sure, just as the Conf is over. I
> had a word with him this morning.

Once the students there have enough familiarity to understand the
basics,  for instance, able to type commands on a terminal and
understand the lying concepts,  we could walk them through more
exercises to help them get started.  When you believe you have a team at
that stage,  let me know and we can discuss specific plans.