[fedora-india] New Group to people who wants to start open source

Ashwin ashwin.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 16:59:51 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 03 August 2010 09:49 PM, Arun Prakash wrote:

<snip....>

> .Also for only one OS lab we use pirated
> REDHAT , which is formated when the semester ends.

<snip...>

Please note, there is no such thing as *PIRATED* in GNU/LINUX based OS
distribution. Redhat Linux is a free for copying and giving.

However, it would be more appropriate to use Fedora for such FOSS
promotion events, talks, interaction and similar activities. You may
find use of Fedora Live CDs easier to talk and promote (with quicker
acceptance) among the new and first time users, as there is no
requirement of any hard disk based installation. I would recommend -
[1], to start with.

with Regards
ASHWIN

[1]