[fedora-india] FUDCon India/APAC, April 2011

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 15:21:06 UTC 2010

 On 08/13/2010 08:35 PM, Hiemanshu Sharma wrote:

> Hey,
>
> As I said before the thing about Pragati Maidan is that its basically
> all halls.  We will need to setup a stage, chairs, etc. I had been to
> Pragati Maidan recently (around Aug 25) and well it doesn't solve what
> we need. We need something like a college (GNUnify anyone? ) or a nice
> Hall with lot of extra room (FOSS.in style) because FUDCon is done in
> a bar camp style. The talks are decided only for a single day and a
> key note for every day, and for the rest of the days, the talk are
> decided on day 1 of the FUDCon. Maybe Joerg (or someone who has been
> to one) can tell us what way the FUDCons usually go.

Sure.  I have attended a couple.   Someone facilitates the event and
calls for speakers to step up to the stage and pitch their talks
quickly.  There you walk up to a white board and draw a line on the box
with the talks listed and the ones with the maximum votes get chosen.
There are multiple talks in parallel.  Usually a main hall or two and
multiple smaller rooms.    Colleges and similar places are suitable
because many of them have wifi and rooms and willing to host for for
free or low cost.   The specific requirements are listed in

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Organization#Facilities