[fedora-india] Hi, trouble in fedora media program

Ashwin ashwin.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 04:47:24 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 28 July 2010 09:28 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>   On 07/28/2010 09:26 AM, Ashwin wrote:
>> So, *there is* a bias - huh !  :)
>>
>> Hope there is no more bias but only rules in future.
>
> As long as humans are involved, we will always have bias.  We don't many
> rules.  More of guidelines to ensure a smooth operation.  As long as
> people can send and get media,  don't see a problem.

Bias exists is a fact. *But to project it as a norm is the mistake*.
Otherwise there is no sense in having even a single self regulating
guideline.

Guidelines, rules and laws are there in any society or community to
eliminate selective human discretion (good or bad) or in other words
bias. Whenever, such a bias shows up it should be high lighted as a
mistake, with a note to prevent it in future.

Now when Madan gets the media, there is no problem. Quite right.

But when Arshad *does not* get the media and that is also *not a
problem* is what is "worrisome* and *wrong* here and needs to be
corrected. Right.....?

Because as you say - "As long as people can send and get media,  don't
see a problem." So let us eliminate this specific problem too - What do
you say ?

Arshad has indicated that he needs *free* media. He has a slow internet
issues and has asked for *help*, please note the word is *help* with a
*please*. At least, we can suggest to him to make copies from some one
(with the right bearings) @ Lucknow at his own (small) cost, and
identify a source / place in Lucknow who / which can *help* him with
copying, rather than rebuking him for making a requesting.

In the specific post - Instead of merely mentioning *many vendors* - at
least a mention of one vendor's name by checking up with ambassadors /
mentors etc. is the approach expected. Some how such bullying /
mistreatment goes one without check here on this list is also worrisome
and a point of concern.

Think of this, Arshad has a problem with Internet, needs media, and is
shown the rule book and rebuked for making repeated requests. This is
the right mix to send him into the trap of non-FOSS OS.

So this is the *other bias* (lack of sensitivity), I want to high light
here.

So now, can / will some one in Delhi / Agra / Kanpur / Lucknow help
Arshad's with the Fedora media ?

with Regards
ASHWIN