[fedora-india] Fedora 13 Live USB creation problem

Ritesh Sinha sinha.k.ritesh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 15:35:39 UTC 2010

Long time stalker, first time thread creator :). I consider myself
fairly proficient with Fedora but this simple issue has me seriously
stumped and embarrassed. I've been trying to get the latest Fedora to
run from an USB stick. This is what I've tried so far
1. Fedora Live USB creator on Windows (doesn't have an option for F13,
tried with the F12 option no go)
2. UNetBootIN on Ubuntu Linux: Doesn't have an option for F13, did not
attempt to use the F12 option.
3. Fedora live usb creator from source on Ubuntu (after installing the
required qt4 dependencies). This has no option for F13 and looks
identical to the one for windows so I didn't try this.

In all cases the error is on the lines of "Unable to mount
/squashfs/../Ext3fs ..". I get through isolinux but no luck after the
drop like load screen starts. Additionally I get a flood of messages
about my CDROM drive (which is broken) when starting but I'm pretty
sure it is irrelevant in this case.

I've looked through the all the docs I could furiously google for but
I can't seem to find an appropriate solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Ritesh

P.S. I may have posted using my other email address too (which isn't
subscribed to this list), please ignore that.

--
Sent using the magic of the interwebs.
http://ritesh.posterous.com