[fedora-india] Student not allowed for Ambassadorship?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 09:04:30 UTC 2010

On 06/03/2010 02:22 PM, Abhradip Mukherjee wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am looking for an explanation for the below mail that I have received today,
>

>>       I am a undergraduate student of RCC Institute of Information
>>        Technology(1st year stream IT)
>>       And I've recnently opened an account in fedoraproject.org.
>>       User name Sparsa Roychowdhury
>>       And I want to join Fedora Ambassador Project.
>>        But Sir.Susmit Shannigrahi told me that as I'm student now I can't join this.
>>        so my application has been canceled.
>>        But I'm very much interested in FOSS and I'm thinking abt a career in FOSS.
>>        I'll be very gratefull to you if you suggest me about this.

There is no blanket restriction against anyone from becoming an
Ambassador but it helps to get involved in the project at some level
before applying to be an ambassador.  If you are a people person, I
certainly would recommend participating or organizing a Fedora event or
joining the marketing project

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Joining_the_Fedora_marketing_project

In some ways, if mentors can recognize your name and are familiar with
you, it helps us take the next step.  Hope that helps.