[fedora-india] Student not allowed for Ambassadorship?

Abhradip Mukherjee tamathecool at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 09:18:58 UTC 2010

Rahul,

I more or less agree with you on this point. But you see, we need to
be consistent with this thought. The eligibility for being an
ambassador then has to be defined properly. If it is still about
answering those three questions (
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/3_simple_questions ), I dont think
Romit made any mistake for wanting to become an Ambassador. We just
can't say that we have added a new clause of our own on the fly
because there are so many people willing to become ambassador for
fedora project in India.

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is no blanket restriction against anyone from becoming an
> Ambassador but it helps to get involved in the project at some level
> before applying to be an ambassador.  If you are a people person, I
> certainly would recommend participating or organizing a Fedora event or
> joining the marketing project
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Joining_the_Fedora_marketing_project
>
> In some ways, if mentors can recognize your name and are familiar with
> you, it helps us take the next step.  Hope that helps.
>
> Rahul

Abhradip Mukherjee
[Fedora Ambassador and FSF-I WG Member]