[fedora-india] Student not allowed for Ambassadorship?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 09:32:26 UTC 2010

On 06/03/2010 02:48 PM, Abhradip Mukherjee wrote:
> Rahul,
>
> I more or less agree with you on this point. But you see, we need to
> be consistent with this thought. The eligibility for being an
> ambassador then has to be defined properly. If it is still about
> answering those three questions (
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/3_simple_questions ), I dont think
> Romit made any mistake for wanting to become an Ambassador. We just
> can't say that we have added a new clause of our own on the fly
> because there are so many people willing to become ambassador for
> fedora project in India.

There are no new clauses.  Throughout the project,  mentors sponsors
someone else based on their comfort level.  With something like
packaging,  there is a defined set of packaging guidelines and review
requests which can be used to evaluate a person's skill set.  Becoming
an ambassador however is not a technical process.  I would like to know
someone,  talk to them a bit before sponsoring them.   Our criteria is
based on trust rather than the sheer number of people applying.    If
you would like to discuss this more,  come up to #fedora-india IRC
channel.  My nick is mether and I would be happy to clarify any
questions/concerns you might have.