[fedora-india] Moving Forward in Open Source

Tue Jun 22 07:07:24 UTC 2010

<http://pcquest.ciol.com/content/editorscolumn/techetete/2010/110010801.asp>

I think we are losing the value of Open Source. The core objective of
Open Source has been to let people learn the internals of a software
application with the help of source code, and improve it further so that
everyone benefits.

[...]

Let's understand this with my favorite example-Anaconda installer for
RedHat based Linux distros. Anaconda is a fantastic piece of software,
but it lacks documentation. So to modify it, you have to be a reverse
engineer, and not a software developer. Therefore, contributing to its
further development is difficult.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog/>