[fedora-india] [Idea] How about generating servicepacks of gstreamer* et.al.?

Debayan Banerjee debayanin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 04:53:16 UTC 2010

On 28 February 2010 21:42, susmit shannigrahi <thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was thinking about this a couple of days before.

> Then this idea came to my mind, what if we generate the service packs
> of say gstreamer-plugins*, vlc and the other necessary but restricted
> software and host it outside fedora's infrastructure?

I think its a good idea. I have felt the same requirement often when I
have been involved in training people on FOSS. This infrastructure
should exist so people can avail of it. It will not take much space on
the rpmfusion side. It involves little effort to set this up I think,
and hence it should exist.
I am not a Fedora user. I use Ubuntu, but for this purpose I do not
think that matters.

Debayan Banerjee