[fedora-india] Ambassadors in India

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon May 10 13:43:38 UTC 2010

On 05/10/2010 06:57 PM, dash pradipta wrote:
> To contribute a community and to work for an Organisation is two
> different things. Linus is paid for doing work in a organisation not
> in a community & Rahul as per I know Redhat is a company and in
> company people get paid for the jobs they do!!

Linus gets paid to work on the Linux kernel by the Linux foundation.
Red Hat is a company and does pay people to do work on various projects
including Fedora but Red Hat's Fedora team is a small one and mostly
work on infrastructure.  Noone from Red Hat is being paid to work
exclusively on Fedora packages.  Even if a person is a Red Hat employee,
it is important not to confuse between voluntary roles and what he/she
is paid to do.