[fedora-india] FOSS.in CFP deadline and wiki

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 11:30:25 UTC 2010

 On 10/08/2010 04:55 PM, Aditya Patawari wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Rahul Sundaram  wrote:
>

>     Was a announcement send inviting people to submit talks?
>
> There was a mail on mailing list regarding this.

I was talking about a separate announcement.

>     Last couple of times, we did mail people off list to get them to
>     submit talks as not everyone is paying attention to discussions on the
>     list.
>
> Can you get us the list of people mailed last time? It'll help a lot.

The list of people we need to mail are the active contributors and that
changes every year.  FOSS.In speakers on the Fedora Project day from the
last few years are a good starting point.

>     If we miss on a project day, then visibility is certainly much
>     less and you might want to consider prodding people to
>     participate.  Has
>     everyone who has submitted talks updated the wiki page? Was a request
>     for a booth send out?
>
> We should put this on the #fedora-india as the channel topic. Tweeting
> and other social networks might also helps since many of the
> contributors are following each other.

Yep.  Send a mail to announcement mailing list.  Update the event page
in the Fedora wiki,  Blog about it so that it reaches Planet Fedora and
so on.  Got to cast a wide net.  If we don't get enough participants
after that point, that's fine and we can do something else.