[fedora-india] A suggestion to promote Free Media

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 18:09:59 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 22:10 +0530, Arun Prakash wrote:
> I as a free media volunteer , ready to provide  Free CD/DVD to
> colleges in TamilNadu . Contact me offline to get free media . You may
> need to file a ticket .
>
> Regards,
>
> Arun Prakash

Hello Arun,

May I please have your FAS? I couldn't find you in the free media trac
instance. Your name is not present in the list here[1]. Are you a free
media volunteer or a local contact? Your user page hasn't yet been
created[2] as the local contacts page shows[3].  Please do not mix up
the two.

Reiterating : A free media contact is one who picks up tickets from the
free media trac and services those requests, not one who provides media
to folks offlist etc. (like what you're doing at the moment)

Why we want to highlight the difference : to have an accurate statistic
of the numbers that the free media is delivering (and a list of active
members), and what the other channels are delivering.

[1]http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/FreeMedia/Contributors#India_.2840.29

[2]http://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Arun_Prakash&action=edit&redlink=1

[3]http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/FreeMedia/India/LocalContacts

--