[fedora-india] choice of desktop environment for fedora for kids

Narendra Sisodiya narendra at narendrasisodiya.com
Sun Oct 31 18:52:36 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 10:49 PM, Arnav Kalra <arnavkalra007 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I think using enlightenment 17 would work wonders it looks cool and

I have not tried yet but Will look into it.

> along with awn it will make children wow

MoonOS is other distro on which my friend is working. He is already putting
effort into it so i was just waiting for  him. I will look in GoboLinux and
MoonOS after their success and will incorporate feature into later version
of SchoolOS.

> But I don't know about the resources used by it.
> Also localization is absolutely necessary

Do let me know if any thing needed at Localisation part.
http://code.google.com/p/schoolos/source/browse/trunk/Ubuntu/Add_Remove_Packages.sh

> Narendra has ncert invested any resources on schoolos
> Also if ncert supports schoolos can it allow us to have a version of
> it's books in which if we click on a term a small thing pops up with
> it's definition and so on.

unable to get what are you talking about.

> You may have seen websites in which if we put our cursor over a term a
> small thing pops up with ads. It should be something like that but
> dictionary definition and link to wikipedia article.
> Also we require offline simple English wikipedia but we would need to
> modify it heavily and also allow teachers to do so.
>
> --
│    Narendra Sisodiya
│    http://narendrasisodiya.com