[fedora-india] Packaging wishlist

Suchakra suchakra at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 06:16:27 UTC 2011

> I don't quite understand.   /proc should be the same across
> distributions.  What is the platform used by the author?

He is using Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10. He is writing directly to
/proc/acpi/VGA/brightness (which he admits its not advisable) I tried
on my system and found that the directory structure is
/proc/acpi/video/GFX0/DD0X/brightness. Now there are other 5 other
directories for DD0X where x is 1 to 5. So I am confused. Anyways,
I'll find some way out soon.

> In any case, Richard Hughes, author of GNOME Power Manager works for Red Hat and is
> in #fedora-desktop channel in gimpnet usually.

Thanks for that. I'll follow up with him.

Suchakra