[fedora-india] Upcoming FOSS Events

neependra.khare at gmail.com neependra.khare at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 05:28:37 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 3:10 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> http://gnunify.in/
>
> 11th and 12th of Feb
>
> Cfp closes on Jan 23th

Gnunify would be doing a programming contest this year.  I suggested that
and would be owning it.
Here is the idea which I put there.

<snip>
We will declare the topics upfront, so the the students will have the time
for preparation, for example:
*  Processes
*  Locking Primitives (Mutex/Semaphores)
*  Multi Threading
*  Network Programming

IMHO we should limit the topics to system programming only.

Here is how we can plan:-

Phase 1. * Written test (Objective, Day1)*
Duration                30 Mins
No. of Questions    40-45

We can take this test very early in the morning say b/w 10-10:30 AM. So,
students don't miss the sessions.
We can limit the number of students who can take part in written it.

The result can be declared on the same day post lunch.

*Phase 2: Lab Test (Day2)*
Duration               2 hours
No. of Questions   2
*
*
*Rules:*
* Create the *make file *for the programs
* Push the code on the *git repository*
* Create the *Deb/RPM package.*

*Code would be judged on following:*
* Logic
* Coding Standards
* Comments

Putting the rules to use git repository and create the packages will force
the students to learn these things;
which will be very beneficial for them.
</snip>

But some of the plug members were not happy about the scm and package
building thing.
So, we are not still finalized what we will do.

I would appreciate any input on this.

Neependra
www.neependra.net