[fedora-india] Important: FUDCon APAC bidding has started

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 07:18:43 UTC 2011

Hi

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fudcon-planning/2011-June/002391.html

I have replied with the proposal detailed at

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:India_2011

I am considering venues in Pune primarily at this point since no alternative
places have been proposed with ownership yet but if you have a compelling
offer, feel free to pitch in.  We are working on securing the dates
somewhere in November soon.  As the timing of writing,  we have a proposal
of 30 talks and 11 hackfests with owners and 45 people in the
pre-registration list.   While FUDCon is always open and free to anyone,  we
are going to have to pick a swag cut off point at 120 or 150 attendees. So
register yourself soon.   While the FUDCon page is open for everyone to
edit,  all speakers must have a Fedora account and a user page in the wiki
since I need to be able to contact you to schedule things.  This is also
highly recommended for those registering themselves as attending the event.
Creating a Fedora account and user page will just take a few minutes and is
mostly a click through process. I recommend anyone attending or organizing
the event to subscribe themselves to

Since FUDCon will have international participation,  we are going to rely on
this global mailing list and the tracker at
https://fedorahosted.org/fudcon-planning/ for planning.  All sponsorship
requests will go into this tracker and NOT the Fedora India one.   We will
also be organizing IRC meetings regularly at
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#fudcon-planning.   I would like to
schedule a IRC meeting tomorrow at 5 PM IST.      For those volunteering to
help with the event,  thank you and please read through the info at

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_organization

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_organization_process

We are on the lookout for co-sponsors for this event.  Sponsors will be
donating in kind (lunch, goodies, bandwidth etc) and not cash directly.
Having a additional budget will help us bring more community members to the
event among other things.  If you have any contacts in place and can talk to
marketing folks in any organization and need more details,  let me know
offlist.  Rough budget estimates are already provided in the wiki.   Do let
me know if you have any questions or any of the above.  Thanks