[fedora-india] Fedora 15 doesn't boot

Navdeep Singh Sidhu navdeepsingh.sidhu95 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 15:51:45 UTC 2011

Dear Rahul,

Thanks for help.

As you have told me, i tried  to boot at run level 3. But the same problem
lies here. My display doesn't respond. But i think fedora boots fine in the
background. May be fedora 15 doesn't support to my Laptops Hardware.

I have installed on my system via live usb but not on my laptop, by using
another laptop. First I created a live usb of Fedora 15 using Unetbootin.
then i tried to boot from it on my laptop. But shows an error

> - Dropping to debug shell.
> sh: can't access tty: job control turned off
> dracut:/#

as i had told you earlier. then i tried to boot the live usb on another
laptop that is HP pavilion dv 2700 with
-Intel Core 2 duo processor 1.8GHz
-2gb ram
-256Mb nividia geforce 8600 m graphics card.
-160 gb hardisk

fedora 15 live usb boots well on that system without any error and GNOME3
also supports it's hardware.
then i attached my portable hardisk to that system and started the
installation process. During the installation process i formatted my fedora
14 partition & install fedora 15 to it. Then i installed another Linux
distro backtrack5 to my portable hardisk on another partition by replacing
Ubuntu 10.10. Both these distro works fine on HP laptop but not on my dell.
fedora 15 doesn't show any screen after booting but Backtrack5 works
correctly. there is no problem with GRUB or any installation. I think it
doesn't support my laptop's hardware.

So is there any way to sort out this problem? ThanX again?

Regards
Navdeep Singh