[fedora-india] Self-Introduction

Jitesh Shah jitesh.1337 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 01:07:48 UTC 2011

Hi list,
My name is Jitesh. I have been a long time Fedora User (I've seen it
go from "Fedora Core" to "Fedora" ;-) ) and now I'd like to be a
package maintainer (and hopefully pick up packages I care about along
the way).

I did my undergrad in PICT, Pune and right now I am pursuing an MS. I
have worked a couple of years from 2008-2010 at Marvell India Pvt.
Ltd. I did some initial Fedora-ARM work while at Marvell, so I have
some limited exposure to the Fedora development protocols. I can write
spec files and I can work with koji, etc etc. After almost a year-long
hiatus, I finally have enough spare time to start getting involved in
Fedora. I am not a maintainer yet, so I thought I should start with
filing a review request (Is this still how it is done? File a review
request, get a sponsor?).

Theoretically I could pick up a package from here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainers_wishlist

but, I just wanted to ask the list if there is any specific package
someone has in mind that is "good to have". Anyone?
I might also need some hand holding for the first review request.

Good to be back!
Jitesh