[fedora-india] Becoming a Fedora package maintainer, easier than ever

Ashwin ashwin.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 09:41:30 UTC 2011

On 03/12/2011 02:02 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 03/12/2011 11:27 AM, Ashwin wrote:
>> On 03/12/2011 11:09 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>
>>> You can become a co-maintainer by agreeing to be mentored by any
>>> existing package maintainer and one of the sponsors will sponsor you
>>> based on this agreement to work together.
>> Inclusion vs. Selection. I am now interested, tell me, what I can do and
>> how ?
>
> If you are interested in becoming a co-maintainer for a package, you
> will have to contact the maintainer in question and request them to
> mentor you.   The first thing, you got to do is read about the process
> and guidelines and make yourself familiar with it as much as possible.
> I recommend the following references
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_a_GNU_Hello_RPM_package
>
> If you want me to mentor,  The packages I maintain are listed at
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/users/packages/sundaram

I tried,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_a_GNU_Hello_RPM_package and
it works. The step on "mock" is still downloading the bits @ 256Kbps.
Anyway other way to do it instead of downloading so much bits for the
mock environment ?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers is
yet to incorporate this new arrangement of "co-maintainer" registration
etc. Is there any other page created for this purpose ? How do I
register / join as a "co-maintainer" ?

with Regards,
ASHWIN