[fedora-india] Becoming a Fedora package maintainer, easier than ever

Ashwin ashwin.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 05:39:11 UTC 2011

On 03/15/2011 10:53 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 10:34 +0530, Ashwin wrote:
>>
>> I am afraid, *not* everything. In case you feel so, please do point,
>> or is a lecture a must before pointing. :)
>>
>> with Regards,
>> ASHWIN
>>

> *Almost*. If it isn't on the wiki, the Fedora way of doing things is
> finding out and *adding* it to the wiki. In case you haven't noticed,
> your previous queries have all been answered by links from the wiki.

Thanks to everyone, who know and have pointed.

>>    From the same page - Section on Access - "You must be sponsored in a
>> group (other than the CLA groups)", so who can sponsor whom ? Is
>> there
>> any "co-maintainer" group ?
>>

> And again:
>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/HowToGetSponsored
>
> (first link on google when you go "fedora project package sponsor")
>
> People here are just googling for you which is I suggested you spend
> more time doing it yourself and reading the docs. It isn't a lecture.

Maybe people are pointing because, they know, and some have been really
helpful. Your assumptions (of me not reading, not searching etc.) is
what makes you reply with no help.

Do help if you want, or at least let others help, that is what a
collective discussion is all about. If you want to reply, please do, but
why prevent others from replying, by projecting bad image about me on
the sly.

> A smiley on the end of the sentence doesn't change the intended idea of
> the sentence btw. Rude still stays rude :)

Exactly - you are rude. :)

with Regards,
ASHWIN