[fedora-india] Becoming a Fedora package maintainer, easier than ever

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 08:05:42 UTC 2011

On 03/15/2011 12:59 PM, Ashwin wrote:
>  From - http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=1322
>
> aria2 upstream version 1.10.9 has been built for Fedora 15 and 16 only.
> I could not find aria2 version 1.10.9 for Fedora 14 though.

As I already explained,  not every version will be pushed into all
maintained branches.  I also linked to the update policy which gives the
details in an earlier mail.   Have you read that?

> There is no hurry for me to have the package committed for review as of now.
> As you mentioned, want to make sure the process of learning is happening. :)

I just need to take a look at the spec file changes you have done.  A
link to a Koji scratch build you do would serve the purpose since I can
get the srpm from there.

> Fedora Bugs Group (fedorabugs)
> My Status: Not a Member
>
> Group is invite only. Contact group sponsors for more information.

Right.  This apparently got changed in the last couple of weeks.

> Based on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers, I have applied to : -
>
> Triagers group (triagers)
> My Status: Unapproved

I will ask a group administrator to approve that.