[fedora-india] Local Dictionary Server

Sawrub luckysharma11 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 16:17:57 UTC 2011

Hello All,

I just came across a blog [1] that mentioned about the off-line
dictionary setup in Ubuntu. I tried doing similar in Fedora but failed.
So the point for which I'm here looking for help is that though I've
been able to 'yum install wordnet dictd', and I'm able to query wordnet
[2] in its graphical window using
#wnb
but when i'm trying to start my local dict daemon so as to map wordnet
under gnome-dictionary its fails simply saying that 'no dictionaries
installed'.
$ sudo service dictd restart
Shutting down dictd:                                       [FAILED]
Starting dictd: no dictionaries installed                  [FAILED]
$

I have googled a bit but have not been able to find a solution. Also
came across [3] but that to didn't helped as the server is not coming
up. Though the client side of dict is working for me [4].
Any help that makes this work would be great.

[1]
http://digitizor.com/2010/02/03/how-to-install-an-offline-dictionary-in-ubuntu-2/
[2] http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
[3] http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=216463