[fedora-india] [Event Report] Shaastra 2011, IIT-Madras, Chennai Sep 28-Oct 2, 2011

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 06:25:03 UTC 2011

Hi,

The Shaastra team has been trying to get me to speak at their event
for many years. This year I wanted to make it, and as part of the
Hackfest at Shaastra 2011 [1], September 28 to October 2, 2011 at
IIT-Madras [2], Chennai, I had presented the talk on
"i-want-2-do-project. tell-me-wat-2-do" [3].

Most of the students were interested in participating in the Google
Summer of Code program. I was also able to meet and talk with past
Google Summer of Code students, who had already been introduced to
this presentation.

I visited the IITM Research Expo at the K V grounds on campus where
students had presented their research work. There were quite a few
interesting papers on MEMS [4]. I also attended the Paper and Poster
presentation by students at the IITM Research Park [5].

Few pictures taken at the event are available [6].

SK

[1] Hackfest, Shaastra 2011. http://www.shaastra.org/2011/main/events/Hackfest/

[2] IIT, Madras. http://www.iitm.ac.in/

[3] i-want-2-do-project. tell-me-wat-2-do.
http://shakthimaan.com/downloads.html#i-want-2-do-project-tell-me-wat-2-do

[4] MEMS. EE, IITM. http://www.ee.iitm.ac.in/mems/

[5] IIT Madras Research Park. http://respark.iitm.ac.in/

[6] Pictures. http://shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/2011/shaastra-2011/