[fedora-india] Do you want to lead Ask Fedora?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 19:18:24 UTC 2012

Hi

Is anyone interested in helping lead Ask Fedora? The following tasks
needs to be done on a regular basis:

* Update and test Askbot whenever there is a new upstream release

* Coordinate with Kevin Fenzi (nirik in #fedora-admin) for deploying to
staging instance and test it for regressions, flesh out new features etc

* Deploy to production instance after testing. Having some knowledge of
Puppet would help in doing this task but if not coordinate with Kevin
for this as well

* Developing or coordinating development of new features useful for Ask
Fedora.  Python and Django knowledge would be useful for this step but
not mandatory

* Develop policies for moderators, helping out as a admin for Ask Fedora
and keeping an eye on the forum in general, including unanswered
questions.

* Last but not the least, participate in the forum itself but asking or
answering questions.

You can delegate some of these tasks and do it as a team.  Let me know
if you want to take over.  I will still be involved to whatever extend I
can but I would like to hand off primary responsibilities to someone
else and focus on other things at the moment.  Thanks.