[fedora-india] RFE: askfedora pop up on clicking "ask a question"

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 10:36:55 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

I was wondering if it's possible to pop-up a tiny message displaying
information on "How to ask a question" that users can then choose to
"not show next time"?

It's been quite a while since askfedora was set up, and I still see most
posts on as disorganized, without information, without formatting, and
well, mostly not even in question form. I know the idea is that people
will learn as the forum gets utilized more, but I think we should try to
speed up this learning process?

Another idea worth implementing is that users with points below a
threshold should not be able to create new tags and must use
pre-existing tags instead. (Stackexchange has this iirc)

What do you think? I'll file bugs with upstream if the ideas seem sane.
Folks with django knowledge are welcome to work on these tiny ideas and
submit patches to upstream too!
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,