[fedora-india] [Event Report] Fedora Activity Day, June 2, 2012 @ Red Hat, Pune

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 06:17:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

A Fedora Activity Day [1] (FAD) was organized on Saturday, June 2,
2012 at the Red Hat office premises in Pune, India.

This was an activity based event, where there were no talks. The
various topics suggested during the FAD included development,
packaging, and documentation work.

The newbies worked on GNU Hello RPM packaging [2], while others worked
on pushing updates to existing packages, and packaging new software.

I had submitted a new Csmith [3] package release for review, and
packaged and submitted sized-types [4], and netlist-to-vhdl [5]
Haskell packages for review. Lakshmi Narasimhan completed the package
review for sized-types.

I had requested Fedora Infrastructure to make Agilo for Trac
[6] (Apache license) available. It was made available for testing
during the FAD, and I tested the same with the Fedora Electronic
Lab [7] trac instance. All the Agilo plugins are now enabled in
the trac for use.

We also had an F17 release party during the event, where Rahul
Sundaram cut a beautiful, tasty, F17 cake.

Thanks to Red Hat for hosting the event, sponsoring lunch, and
providing the facilities for the FAD.

Photos are available in my /gallery [8]

SK

[1] FAD. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_Pune_2012_June_02