[fedora-india] About Pre-requisite of Hackfest

Giriraj Sharma giriraj.sharma27 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 13:38:01 UTC 2015

Agreed
Sankarshan, Kushal

It would appear more of a general talk/session rather than a hackfest. As
Mayur Patil had initially given a thought about it, he can prefer to submit
a talk/session on it and not a hackfest session. I am a contributor to
JBoss Security (Picketlink, Keycloak) since Jan 2014. If the slot for talk
is allocated or looks feasible, I would be happy to join him. In addition,
I have also submitted a session for my own talk.

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 6:50 PM, Kushal Das <kushaldas at gmail.com> wrote:

> wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Giriraj Sharma
> > <giriraj.sharma27 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> The main idea and theme of hackfest would still remain Contribution to
> Open
> >> Source for extreme beginners and how to get started[1] with it easily.
> >>
> >> [1]
> >>
> http://blog.hackerearth.com/2014/03/how-to-get-started-with-open-source.html
> >
> > Sayan writes a fine post. If the participants in the hackfest need an
> > introduction to Open Source, then it is less of a "hack" fest and more
> > of a "here's how you can start, let's pick these easy topics to learn
> > all the basic skills". I have a reasonable aversion to terming every
> > event as a "hack" fest but that is probably because I am old.
>
> Generally we do not call that a hackfest. I was thinking about writing
> the same. But you already did with better words :)
>
> Kushal
> --
> Fedora Cloud Engineer
> CPython Core Developer
> Director Python Software Foundation
> http://kushaldas.in

Giriraj Sharma,
Department of Computer Science
National Institute of Technology Hamirpur
Himachal Pradesh, India