Emails in FAS

brett lentz brett.lentz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 01:17:13 UTC 2010

Perhaps what's needed (or needed to be leveraged, if it already
exists) is a central mail gateway or two (one for production, one for
staging?) that can serve as a choke point for applying management and
routing policies.

Postfix can be configured to do some fairly fancy routing, and it
would allow you to route all staging e-mail to a central place for
grepping or reporting.

Additionally, the Lamson project (http://lamsonproject.org/) might
provide a good framework for developing more complex mail processing
applications or tighter integration of existing apps with SMTP if
there's desire for such things.

---Brett.