RFC: Need a Sysadmin Greeter

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 04:36:39 UTC 2010

Ok I am not doing a good job of greeting new people and helping to get
them oriented. For the many people on this list I apologize.

My time for getting people into the group has been overloaded and it
keeps getting put back. So it is time for a new approach... currently
we have a page for getting started, what to expect, and how to get
sponsored... but we have not been good about greeting people and
finding places where their skills match.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_be_a_successful_contributor
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingSponsored

We also need to show the separation between groups, sysadmin,
sysadmin-noc, sysadmin-test, sysadmin-main etc. Some groups are going
to take a while for someone to get into (sysadmin-releng and
sysadmin-main) mainly because it is a matter of trust and work. Other
groups are 'easier' to get into but still require trust. Anyway, I
would like to get ideas on how e can do this better and move forward.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren