Outage: Fedora related services down 2010-12-15 22:00 UTC

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 23:38:59 UTC 2010

This outage is considered finished and closed at the moment.

Due to some change in network, DNS traffic was not being properly
moving between Fedora network and Red Hat filer. It appears that in
doing so the filer's NFS permission caches were being flooded with bad
lookups thus increasing CPU and lowering throughput.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren