Questions: Change management

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Mar 17 18:23:46 UTC 2010

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, Jose Mathew Manimala wrote:

> Hello,
> 	I had a quick question - how we do change management in fedora? Is it
> using the tracs ticket system? Do we have a process defined on the wiki
> that someone could point me to?

We really don't.  During a non-change freeze.  It's pretty much you break
it you fix.  The emails that go out when someone commits to git keeps
everyone in the loop with what is going on.

We have a staging environment for testing changes, but it's not mandatory
(because we don't have a staging environment big enough to cover
everything.

During a change freeze we have something more like what looks like change
management.  During a change freeze, all changes to a frozen host must go
to the list first in the form of a patch (or proposed work).  Then 2
people must signoff on the patch.

	-Mike