Trac logs..

Matt_Domsch at Dell.com Matt_Domsch at Dell.com
Thu Mar 25 14:36:05 UTC 2010

+1

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist
Dell | Office of the CTO

-----Original Message-----
From: infrastructure-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org [mailto:infrastructure-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org] On Behalf Of Mike McGrath
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 9:30 AM
To: Fedora Infrastructure List
Subject: Trac logs..

So our trac syncing has been failing lately.  After some debugging I
discovered that A) some projects are logging to projects/*/log/trac.log
and B) we're doing so with debug enabled.  Some of these files are HUGE.
Pungi's is over 1.1G.  So here's what I'd like to propose.

1) Remove all of those log files.
2) Disable logging (only a small handful have enabled it)
3) Set the default log level on all future and current projects to ERROR
instead of DEBUG
4) After the freeze look at how to properly log rotate these files.

Hosted1 is currently frozen but seeing as how this is impacting backups,
can I get two +1's ?

	-Mike