Change request: add old pkgdb url to robots.txt

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 16:48:18 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 11:30:02AM -0500, Matt_Domsch at Dell.com wrote:
> +1
>
> Assuming you don't just want to do a permanent redirect on that pattern instead...

I thought about it but there are drawbacks:

* The URL could be used again... it would just have a different meaning
  (associated with built packages instead of srpms/source control)
* Because of the former, people need to fix the code they have that
  references it before the meaning is changed.  They'll likely ignore a 301
  but a 500 forces them to make changes.
* Redirects are simple changes but this is even simpler.

I may still decide a redirect is appropriate but probably not until after
the beta change freeze.

Thanks!
-Toshio