www and git of fedorahosted.org do not respond

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 9 10:26:15 UTC 2010

On 2010-11-09 10:24:51 AM, Walter Justen wrote:
> I looked into the bind configuration. There is no DNS round robin
> configured for fedorahosted.org.
Sorry for the confusion, I was thinking about fedoraproject.org when I
mentioned round robin DNS.

> hosted01 is there but hosted02 is missing.
>
> Is this correct ?
Yeah, this is correct - hosted02 is kind of like a failover to hosted01,
but it's not meant to happen automatically.  User data gets rsynced from
hosted01 to hosted02 hourly, so if hosted01 dies and we are unable to
get it back up, there's the option of switching to hosted02.

Thanks,
Ricky