Introducing

Walter Justen walt at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 8 09:38:40 UTC 2010

Hi there,

I'm Walter and I'm based in Germany (CET / CEST) in a town near Cologne.
Working as a Senior System Engineer / Admin since more than ten years
with Linux. My first distro was RedHat 4.2 and i'm using Fedora since
version 1.0.

I joined Fedora Project 2005 and helped out as a volunteer on bugzapping
and testing.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Walt

The last four weeks i looked at the infrastructure mailing list and the
#fedora-admin channel. I couldn't make it to the infrastructure meeting
because its current bad at CEST for me. But i will participate in the
near future.

I worked with Nagios serval years and do monitoring with Nagios for two
companys at the moment. For my opinion the sysadmin-noc group will be a
good starting point and a way to get a good overview to get involved in
further things. Maybe to be a member of sysadmin-web or/and
sysadmin-hosted group.

I'm skilled also in
- web server administration
- mailserver, postfix, sendmail, dovecot
- web clustering, software-hardware loadbalancing
- virtualization, KVM, VMware
and some other things as well.

King regards
Walt