Introduction

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Apr 5 23:22:05 UTC 2011

On Sun, 3 Apr 2011 18:40:51 +0100
Ed Morgan <ed at dontfightthefuture.com> wrote:

> Evening Fedora Infrastructure,

hey Ed.

> My name's Ed, and I work as a 3rd Line Engineer in Enterprise
> support up in Newcastle, Great Britain. I've been using Linux
> (Arch and Fedora) since 2005, and FreeBSD (casually) for a few
> years before that. I feel I can help out with any jobs you've
> got going on and definately learn a lot whilst doing it, as
> most of my Linux experience is in the home environment (unless
> you count Solaris or VMWare ESX!).
>
> Relevent skills and experience:
>
> - - NetApp storage systems
> - - Virtualization (mainly VMWare)
> - - regular sysadmin stuff (DNS, user & resource management, etc)
>
> I'm hoping I can build on the basics I already know with you
> guys and become a useful member of the team.

Excellent. More help is always welcome!

> I should be able to set aside maybe 10hrs a week to work on
> issues if you think you can utilize me.

That would be wonderfull. If you have a chance could you drop into
#fedora-admin on irc.freenode.net? We use irc to communicate heavily,
and introducing yourself there and asking questions or offering to help
with things is a great way to get involved.

Also, see:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted

and try and join us at our weekly meeting.

Welcome!