RFC: Making changes to secondary

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 17:34:28 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 08:36, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 17:00:15 -0600
> Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok currently secondary01 is a system with a large amount of diskspace
>> used by what looks like cruft. There is a very old version of archived
>> data and there is our secondary architecture items. What I would like
>> to do is
>>
>> a) move that data to the netapp,
>
> I guess this is already done?

I did an rsync. A second one will be needed to get it finished.

>> b) create a new secondary02.phx2 which would mount the netapp and
>> would allow writing to it
>
> ok. secondary1 would then go away?

It woudl and secondary02 could be renamed as secondary1.

>> c) move secondary.fedoraproject.org to be an alias to the download
>> servers. d) make changes in mirrormanager.
>
> ok. Folks that need to write to it would use secondary02 to access it?

Correct. secondary02 would be exactly like secondary01 in puppet and
people could work on it equivalently.

>> This will have the advantage that we will be able to use both mirror
>> systems on I2 and I1 for this.. it also moves secondary to a larger
>> faster disk structure. Things I need help with
>>
>> a) how does sparc, ia64, arm, mips, ppc sync onto this system. There
>> is no running script that I can find for it.
>
> Not sure there. Dennis should know?
>
>> b) what am I missing in the above.
>
> There is deltaiso creating happening on secondary1 right now, but I
> think this should work ok with secondary02 as well.

Hopefully would happen a bit faster.. due to faster cpus.. but won't
know until tested.

> Can't think of any other gotchas off hand.
>
> kevin

Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren