Presentation

Rafael Gomes rafaelgomes at techfree.com.br
Sun Apr 24 01:09:09 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

My name is Rafael Gomes, I am from Brazil GMT-3.

I use Fedora since Fedora Core 5, I did help this project in Translation Team.

I am system administration of Linux servers and I have experience with
large environments and I thought that I could help my favorite
distribution.

I used Nagios in the pass, now I use Zabbix, but I can study again. I
can especially help sysadmin-noc FIG.

If somebody wanna be my sponsor, I will try help all you with this hard job.

I can dedicate 1 hours per day.

I contribute for another project[1] and I am technical responsible for CSIRT[2]

My tasks:

    Read through how to be a successful contributor  -  OK
    Subscribe to the infrastructure at lists.fedoraproject.org - OK (I am here :P)
    Sign up for a Fedora Account and sign the CLA - OK (Long time ago)
    Send an introduction with some notes about your experience and
skill level to the fedora-infrastructure list (Don't forget this!) (I
am doing this now... :P )
    Become familiar with the Infrastructure section on the wiki - OK
    Look through outstanding issues - OK
    Attend the weekly Meetings on IRC - Waiting happens
        Note: Being on IRC isn't absolutely required but if you don't
have access to IRC you will miss a lot. IRC is our primary
communication tool
    Once you are familiar with the team and know some people, take
some time to pick a FIG - OK (sysadmin-noc is my favorite)
    Now the most important step Get Sponsored. Find sponsors in the
FIG you've selected and keep bugging them until someone says yes. You
constantly coming back and saying I want to help says a lot about you.
We're currently low on sponsors so being around and offering help is
your way of saying "I'm serious, and I'm ready to commit" - I am
trying yet :-(

[1] - http://hntool.net
[2] - http://www.pop-ba.rnp.br/Cert/SobreEn

Rafael Gomes
Consultor em TI
LPIC-1 MCSO
(71) 8318-0284

Atenção: Este e-mail pode conter anexos no formato ODF (Open Document
Format)/ABNT (extensões odt, ods, odp, odb, odg). Antes de pedir os
anexos em outro formato, você pode instalar gratuita e livremente o
BrOffice (http://www.broffice.org).