Meeting Agenda Item: Introduction Mahrud

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Aug 19 14:44:44 UTC 2011

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 00:48:19 -0700
Mahrud S <dinovirus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I'm Mahrud. irc username: mahrud.
> *Skills:
> *
> I've learned working with these things while working on different
> projects or digging my linux laptop: LinuxPAM, SELinux, chroot,
> squid, LDAP, git, Wireless Cryptography & OpenSSL, Linux
> network/security administration, monitoring and troubleshooting,
> embedded linux (OpenWRT on a WRT54GL), etc. programming: native c/cpp
> and adv. bash, familiar with ruby, python, php, javascript, a bit
> assembly, understand perl, hate Visual Studio and specially VB.
> Algorithmic programing and data structure (intended school classes).
> *Projects:*
> HelliJudge <http://hellicode.allamehelli.ir/git/> (an online judge
> system;
> details<http://users.allamehelli.ir/%7Em_sayrafi/blog/2011/08/project-hellijudge/>),
> OpenSchoolNetwork (a local system for Allamehelli HS (my previous
> high school), it's goal is to find and train future admin of
> server<http://allamehelli.ir/>of Allamehelli from students by giving
> them a jailed ssh account on server. It uses a central authentication
> system using LDAP for squid on the same server and sshd on another
> server using the same ldap server) *Hobbies:
> *
> Digging Linux! hack (but not crack)! Remote administrating
> Allamehelli's network and server.
> *Weaknesses:*
> If there isn't any problem to solve, then I'll be so lazy and waste
> my time on google reader! Back in Iran I were working on
> Allamehelli's server, but now in US due to loss of physical access
> I'm unable to work with that server (because in case of problem in
> ssh or auth, I'll have to wait about a day for my friends to take is
> up again), and that's why I want to join you in administrating the
> fedora infrastructure. Still in high school (12th grade).
> Hope you are not bored :)

Welcome!

If you haven't already, take a look at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted
Join us on irc.freenode.net in #fedora-admin and try and make our
weekly meeting on thursday.

> I'm interested in working on
> this<https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/230>or
> this <https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/833>, but
> I'll be glad to work on anything related to Linux (even if there is a
> requirement, I'll learn it through the project, just like all of the
> above) **--
> Best wishes
> Mahrud <http://users.allamehelli.ir/%7Em_sayrafi/>

Both of those are kind of difficult/big projects. ;)

You may want to look at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Apprentice

and

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/report/14

For some possibly easier tickets to get started in on.

Again, Welcome!