Request for resources: Darkserver

Kushal Das kushaldas at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 17:34:58 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 3:49 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> Sounds interesting. ;)
>
> Do you have any ideas at this point what kind of resources you may
> require for this? It's just basically a database of links to builds and
> buildid's right? so I would imagine it's pretty small on disk space and
> cpu.
Yes, it is small in disk space and cpu. Only the database will grow.
Still now my idea is of a box with 2GB RAM and around 40-50GB of disk
space should do, I am having the idea of keeping the mysql database
totally in a different space which will be get backed up.

Had a positive chat dgilmore before on a koji plugin of the import
tool which is a better place to catch all non-scratch builds in
Fedora. I am working on the koji plugin.

> Do you think any of our caching tech would be useful here?
> (varnish, memcached). Or should the service be mostly stand alone?
Yes, though the app still now does not have memcached usage directly
but caching the url content will certainly helpful.
I never understood what do you mean by "the service be mostly stand alone?"

> How many people are working on developing/maintaining this?
Primary developer is me and Rahul and Jan is helping to maintain it.
They will also help to maintain the server. The whole project is still
under 1000 lines of python code :D I am also working to get few
students to volunteer for various small future RFE(s) fof the same.

Kushal
--
http://fedoraproject.org
http://kushaldas.in