notifications of rel-eng file changes

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Fri Dec 16 17:54:38 UTC 2011

El Thu, 15 Dec 2011 10:47:27 -0700
Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> escribió:
> Greetings.
>
> in this ticket:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2953
>
> we have discussion of installing inotify or the like to allow folks to
> see quickly when new files have uploaded, etc. I'm not sure I want the
> overhead of inotify on our machines (although I suppose it might not
> be too bad).
>
> I was thinking this might be a good usecase for a simple message bus
> type setup (which we never got to deploying).
>
> Ie, run a message bus thing, have rel-eng tools add a thing to send a
> message "F17 beta rc1 uploading" "F17 beta rc1 uploaded", etc.
>
> Thoughts? Ideas?
>
> kevin

Im planning to deal with this in an entirely different manner.
I want to develop a composedb an app that will show the status of
releases. if a release is EOL, Stable or in development. for in
development releases the most recent push status. for both the nightly
tree and Alpha/Beta/GA TC and RC composes.  give the status of updates
pushes for stable releases.

Dennis