Upcoming Changes to Fedora DNS
Stephen John Smoogen
smooge at gmail.com
Wed May 4 22:53:09 UTC 2011
In order to meet better redundancy, we are looking at adding more DNS
servers to our nameservices
Currently most fedora DNS zones are served by 2 seperate dns servers.
For best practices we would like to increase this pool to 3 servers:
* 2610:0028:3090:3001:dead:beef:cafe:fed2 # ns2 eventual address
What needs to be done currently:
1. ns04 in PHX2 needs to be allowed through the firewall.
2. ns02 in Ibiblio needs new ipv6 space.
3. ns05 in internetx01 needs to be added to network servers.
4. once above done ns's need to be added to all zones.
5. ns1 needs to be rebuild as ns01 and changed in DNS.
The following registrar zones will need to be updated:
Stephen J Smoogen.
"The core skill of innovators is error recovery, not failure avoidance."
Randy Nelson, President of Pixar University.
"Let us be kind, one to another, for most of us are fighting a hard
battle." -- Ian MacLaren
More information about the infrastructure