backup02 io scheduler change

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed May 18 19:33:31 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 13:29, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I had to reboot backup02 today as it had a number of stuck rsync
> processes on it. ;( It's also somewhat regularly hitting OOM even
> though it has 8GB allocated to it. ;(
>
> I'd like to try changing the i/o scheduler from cfq to deadline and see
> if it helps it any with backups. ;)
>
> So, +1s? comments?

I think this is a good test to see what is the problem. The deadlocks
and OOM's seem to happen at 0400 when other virtual systems are doing
their backups and backup02 is doing snapshots of its lvm partitions. I
would sya the next step after this would be to look at what changes
need to be done on the Ibiblio system.

> kevin

Stephen J Smoogen.
battle." -- Ian MacLaren