pingou at pingoured.fr
Fri Nov 4 17:47:50 UTC 2011
I already mentioned it quickly on IRC but I thought I would give it more
light here. If we are still looking for a calendar server, I came across
this one today:
- python based (not other dependencies)
- wsgi or daemon or cgi
- Does private and public calendar (although we probably don't want
- supports htpasswd
- supports pypam
- supports ldap
It is rather easy to package, I did a quick src.rpm to test it:
It is a calendar server and only a calendar server:
- no email client
- no calendar client
It does not fully respect the CalDav specifications:
"The Radicale Server does not and will not support the CalDAV standard.
It supports the CalDAV implementation of different clients (Lightning,
Evolution, Android, iPhone and iCal, more are coming )."
So it looks like a light easy and potentially interesting tool.
- Are we still interested by a calendar server ?
- Will that scale ?
- How do we handle authentication ?
- Should we write a FAS plugin ?
- How does it handle group ?
- My feeling is that atm it does not, but maybe we could add this as
part of the FAS integration. One would then be allowed to access /nick/
and /group/ if he is part of 'group'.
Hope this helps :)
More information about the infrastructure